During the execution of an action in Rails we can access to all the parameter of the request via de request object. This object includes the following useful methods:
- headers - Returns a hash containing the headers associated with the request.
- body - Returns an StingIO with the body.
- host - The hostname used for this request.
- domain - The hostname without the first part (usually "www").
- format - The content type requested by the client.
- method - The HTTP method used for the request.
- get?, post?, put?, delete?, head? - Returns true if the HTTP method is get/post/put/delete/head.
- port - The port number (integer) used for the request.
- protocol - The protocol used for the request.
- query_string - The query string part of the URL - everything after "?".
- remote_ip - The IP address of the client.
- url - The entire URL used for the request.
I found pretty useful the headers method to get headers like this:
Also you can the raw body like follows: